The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today! The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable from around 9.30am BST until the new updates are live. We expect the downtime to last until around 6PM BST. In the meantime, we will have a livestream starting at 2PM BST, so join us there! David Braben will also be doing an AMA on Reddit at 11am too!
- Thargoid Incursions in Witch Head Enclave September 23, 2020A series of Thargoid incursions into human-occupied Witch Head systems has alarmed the region's colonists. Multiple casualties have been reported, with pilots caught off-guard by the sudden increase in Thargoid ships. The Thargoids had largely withdrawn from the Witch Head enclave following a heavy defeat in July 3305. Following a significant increase in Thargoid activity, […]
- Reorte Year's End Festivities Conclude September 23, 2020End-of-year celebrations have concluded in the Reorte system, with organisers declaring the week a grand success. Deliveries by independent pilots ensured that the needs of the billion-plus attendees were met. Meanwhile, agitators in the system were prevented from intercepting convoys or causing trouble. Prime Minister Edmund Mahon offered this statement: "I'd like to express my […]
- Vitadyne Nanomedicines Reach Galactic Market September 23, 2020The nanomedicines developed in December 3304 by Vitadyne Labs have been approved for distribution to medical facilities across the galaxy. At the time of Vitadyne's original announcement, the nanomedicines were believed to be mere weeks away from widespread availability. The Interstellar Health Organisation (IHO) had verified the medicine's healing properties, and Vitadyne Labs owner Professor […]
- Witch Head System Designations Updated September 23, 2020Universal Cartographics has updated the names of fifteen systems in the Witch Head enclave. Cynthia Sideris, chair of Universal Cartographics, elaborated on the development: "Last year's colonisation efforts resulted in a number of new settlements in the region, and providing systems with less unwieldy appellations is of great benefit to explorers. For example, 'the Wisanye […]
- Starport Upgrade Initiative to Support Fleet Carriers September 23, 2020A press release from Brewer Corporation discusses plans to improve access to refuelling for owners of fleet carriers. "We have been surprised and gratified by the popularity of our latest product. The options for independent pilots and crews have been considerably expanded by the versatility and capability of our Drake-Class Carriers." "But we have also […]